May 2, 2011

A Miracle for Orphans!




Asia's Hope Website

I always worry that I cannot do enough to help fix things in the world all by myself.  Although I love the "starfish" story that many adoptive parents pass around, and I truly want to help the ones who need it, human or animal, right in front of me, I feel guilty that I can't save the world!  But our family got to see the power of joining together this weekend at our church... and what an amazing thing can happen.


Our church partners with Asia's Hope, an organization that helps provide permanent orphanages for children at risk of exploitation.  Last Sunday there was a special collection taken for building a new orphanage building for 24 children who were housed in a rental facility.  Our church was offered a matching grant for $50,000 if the congregation could raise the same amount.  Lots of special things were done, including a silent auction of original art pieces made my church members (which were really cool!).  This Sunday, the pastor let us know how the collection went.  Instead of meeting the $50K goal... WE BLEW IT AWAY!!!!  The church collected almost $400,000 for orphan homes in Cambodia.  Instead of one home, now 4 can be build to take more precious treasures off the streets and provide them with a home, safety and education!

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!  AND HIS HEART IS FOR THE ORPHAN!


No comments:

Post a Comment