May 31, 2011

Seen and Heard at our House






I don't ever remember life being nearly so funny before our daughter joined our lives!  Hardly a day goes by that she doesn't manage to say something entertaining!  I think it's even funnier because testing has concluded that this girl has something like a 125 IQ.  Bless her teacher this year- Kitty has mentioned on several occasions that Mrs.WP has told her it is painful to listen to Kitty use the English language-- that poor woman!  We joke that it won't be much of a trauma for us to adopt a son that doesn't speak English because we already have a daughter who we're pretty sure is using English as a second language (yes, she was born speaking English- it doesn't matter!)

NOT IN SPELLING!
Seen in a recent "thank you" email Kitty asked me to check before she sent it:

"My school year has been going great.  I have all A's with one B this year.  But for this last 9 weeks I hope to get all A's.  I am in TAG (talented and gifted) classes.  That means I am in edvancede (sic) classes in school."


MAYBE THEY SHOULDN'T LET HER GRADUATE
Kitty informed us today that she was having a 'congratulation' party with the 6th grade band later in the week.  This almost made sense (she manages to "almost" make sense a lot!) till she informed us that it was because the 6th graders were 'congratulating' to the middle school and the marching band for next year, and that we could also take her home early after her 6th grade 'congratulation' ceremony!  She was very excited that she gets to 'congratulate' from 6th grade!

OF COURSE!
I am closing down my classrooms this week, and one of the first things I bring home are the indoor plants.  Since we are hitting 100 degree temps today, I had Kitty come out and help me water all of them when I got them home to summer on the front porch.  As we were watering, a bee had flown in and was checking things out.  Since our dream is to have rural property and raise honey bees we both looked to see what kind of bee it was.  Kitty was suitably impressed when I identified it for her as being a honey bee.  She was then asking how I could tell, and what wasps and yellow jackets looked like compared to a honey bee.  She also mentioned that she knew what bumble bees looked like, but wanted to know what the difference was between honey bees and bumble bees.  I simply told her that honey bees make honey.  She then connected it all up to leap to a brilliant conclusion:  "So honey bees make honey, and bumble bee make bumble, right?"
Huh? 










No comments:

Post a Comment